January 13 - January 18, 2013
Once again, the APAN 35 conference and the Winter 2013 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs meeting will converge in Honolulu to form the TIP2013 joint conference, hosted by the University of Hawaii. By bringing these meetings together into one location approximately every five years, TIP2013 encourages greater global dialogue, facilitates technical collaboration across the Pacific and provides an important discussion forum for issues of concern to R&E network stakeholders in this region of the world. (UH coordinates a range of technical meetings around this event; see: http://www.hawaii.edu/tip2013/)
This year, TIP2013 events run from Sunday 13 January through Friday, 18 January. Plenary sessions will be from 8:30 am to 5 pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday; Workshops and Tutorials are scheduled thoughout the day on Sunday and several Hands-On Workshops will be held on Thursday and Friday following the plenary sessions. A number of co-located workshops, meetings, and gatherings are scheduled both before and after TIP2013. As in previous years, the event will be held at the East-West Center (located at 1601 East-West Road adjacent to the University's Manoa campus), in the Hawaii Imin International Conference Center at Jefferson Hall.
- Transportation schedule between Sheraton Princess Kaiulani and East Wester Center
- The room block at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani is sold out. An alternative lodging list has been posted.
- Registration is CLOSED for TIP2013 but interested parties can contact Internet2 if interested in being placed on the waiting list; other side meeting and workshop registration is still open! Travel and lodging information is also posted!
- Final Agenda is now posted online! Talk groupings and locations are subject to change but content is fixed.
- Registration, through Indiana University, is now open for the open (for fee) version of the OpenFlow Workshop on Thursday, January 17.
- VISA Letters of Invitation: The University of Hawaii will provide letters of invitation, upon request, to support applications for VISAs for members of the APAN Community. Please fill out and submit the form HERE
- Sunday Tutorials -- a wide range of 90-minute, 1/2-day, and full-day options are included in your TIP2013 registration fee! NOTE: space in many of these sessions will be extremely limited so please REGISTER for each session you would like to attend (by clicking on the REGISTER HERE link, listing the tutorial name in the SUBJECT line, and sending the email; your name will be added to a roster and space will be alloted on a first come, first served basis).
- Keynote speakers have been confirmed for each day of TIP2013: Michael McRobbie (IU) on Monday, Ian Foster (UChicago/ANL) on Tuesday, and Paul Vixie (ICANN) on Wednesday.
- Food - For days and times when food service is not provided at the conference site, visit here for a list of places both on and off-campus.
|Network Research and Emerging Technologies||Francis Lee Bu Sung, Brian Tierney, and Scott Brim,|
|Network Architecture and Operations||Yasuichi KITAMURA, Mike Bennett, and Paul Schopis|
|R&E Network Applications||Koji Okamura, Ezra Kissel, and Eli Dart/Lauren Rotman|
- ESCC Meeting: Thursday, 17 January (8:30 AM) through Friday, 18 January (4:00 PM)
- Network Performance Workshop: Thursday, 17 January (8:30 AM) through Friday, 18 January (Noon)
- IPv6 Workshop: Thursday, 17 January (8:30 AM) through Friday, 18 January (Noon)
- OpenFlow Workshops: (Invitation Only version) Sunday, 13 January AND open (for fee - registration now open) version Thursday, 17 January
- GLIF Technical Working Group Meeting: Thursday, 17 January (8:30 AM) through Friday, 18 January (5:00 PM)