Summer 2012 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
July 15 - July 19, 2012
The Summer 2012 ESCC /Internet2 Joint Techs was hosted by Stanford University, from Sunday afternoon, July 15 through Thursday, July 19. The meeting was held at the Li Ka Shing Conference Center located within the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge. The meeting evaluation can be accessed HERE:
- CAMPUS NETWORKING: Thank you to our hosts for providing networking options both at the meeting location and around campus. Please see the Networking tab for specifics.
- Call for Proposals ISSUED: Lightning Talks are being solicited. CFP closes on July 8.
- Four (4) tutorials are offered on Sunday afternoon: a) DNSSEC, b) Colo/Telco Facility Installation, c) Cloud Computing for Unified Communications, and d) Web10G. If you plan to attend one or more of these tutorials, please indicate your plans here: http://www.doodle.com/3fybmgfrby6emiev
- Friday June 22: Joint Techs registration rates increased at midnight EDT!
- The room block at the Marriott is full and they have given us all available rooms; alternative suggestions are posted on the travel page.
- New Information: Getting Around Campus on the free Marguerite Shuttle
- The transportation schedule (subject to change) is now posted. California traffic is heavy so please adhere to the boarding times listed.
- IMPORTANT TRAVEL TIP: For those of you driving, the bus company has good insight into avoiding the worst of the traffic since they travel to campus up to 5x a day. Avoid Highway 101; instead, take the backway down Highway 280!!
- The agenda is now POSTED! Note: Lightning Talks have been moved to MONDAY.
- Registration is open:
- For Joint Techs, ESCC, the IPv6 Workshop and the Network Performance Workshops -- click HERE
- For the OpenFlow workshops (one on Saturday and one on Sunday), please visit the IU workshop registration page HERE
- For NetGurus, please send an email to email@example.com, with the subject line "NETGURU REGISTRATION" and provide your name and contact information. You will receive an email letting you know if there is space available for you to attend.
- SPONSORS: Information is now posted HERE.
- Lodging will be at the San Mateo Marriott, which is conveniently near San Francisco International Airport. Travel information (transportation & lodging) has been posted HERE.
|Primary Focus Areas||Co-Chairs|
|Software Defined Networking (SDN)||Matt Davy (IU) & Inder Monga (ESnet)|
|Integration of Services Across Multiple Networks||Eric Boyd (Internet2) & Evangelos Chaniotakas (ESnet)|
|Convergence||Jeffry Handal (LSU) & Scott Bradley (BNL)|
|Areas of Continued Interest|
|Performance/Measurement||Jason Zurawski (Internet2)|
|Security||Joe St Sauver (Internet2 & University of Oregon)|
|IPv6||Michael Lambert (PSC) & Michael Sinatra (ESnet)|
Lightning Talks: A 20- to 30-minute slot is offered on Monday Afternoon (new time) for various Lightning Talks. A Lightning Talk is a sub-5-minute talk on a topic of your choice – anything interesting, timely, or even a bit off the wall. Proposals are solicited by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the meeting; submissions are due by 5 pm EDT Sunday, July 8. Successful candidates will be informed by Wednesday, July 11. Slides are welcome but not required; however, any slides submitted must be sent to email@example.com by 3 pm PDT on Sunday, July 15 to ensure they will be posted at the time of the talk.
- Joint Techs, Sunday, July 15 (1 PM) through Wednesday, July 18 (Noon)
- ESCC Meeting, Wednesday July 18 (1 PM) through Thursday, July 19
- Network Performance Workshop, Wednesday July 18 (1:30 PM) through Thursday, July 19
- IPv6 Workshop, Wednesday July 18 (1:30 PM) through Thursday, July 19
- OpenFlow Workshop, Saturday, July 14 and Sunday July 15 (2 iterations of the same 1-day event)