Winter 2012 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
January 22 - January 26, 2012
The Winter 2012 ESCC /Internet2 Joint Techs is being hosted by the Louisiana Optical Network Initiative (LONI) at the C.B. Pennington Jr. Building (see attached map), C. B. Pennington Biomedical Research Center (located approximately 2.7 miles from the Marriott Baton Rouge), from Sunday afternoon, January 22 through Thursday, January 26.
- The Marriott Room Block is now FULL. The adjacent Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites is offering attendees the same $97.00 rate. Details are available HERE
- The transportation schedule (revision posted 1/13/12) between the Marriott and the C.B. Pennington Jr. Building, PBRC, is now available. It includes limited busing for Sunday Tutorials!
- Three (3) SUNDAY Tutorials are being offered: the Achieving the Science "DMZ" tutorial and the OpenFlow Tutorial are 9 am to 5 pm; a reprise of the Hands-on Colo/Telco Facility Installation Tutorial is from 1 to 5 pm. Note: The OpenFlow tutorial is FULL. You must be registered for Joint Techs to attend these tutorials.
- The AGENDA is posted -- times for talks will continue to change but all will be on the days they are currently scheduled.
- Special thanks to our Gold Level Sponsors, Fujitsu Network Communications and NEC!
- Special thanks to our Silver Level Sponsor, Level 3!
- Special thanks to our Bronze Level Sponsors, Ciena and Infinera!
- Call for Proposals is now closed..
- Lunch will NOT be provided for Joint Techs attendees on Wednesday! See attached list of restaurants within walking distance of PBRC
- The JET Meeting will be held Tuesday evening following the Reception.
PROPOSALS: Descriptions for the focus areas for talks at this Joint Techs are POSTED.
Talks in the areas of performance, security, and IPv6 are also included.
Lightning Talks: A 20- to 30-minute slot is offered on Wednesday morning for various Lightning Talks. A Lightning Talk is a sub-5-minute talk on a topic of your choice – anything interesting, timely, or even a bit off the wall. Proposals are solicited before and during the event; successful candidates will be informed on Tuesday before the Reception. Slides are welcome but not required. Submissions can be made to: email@example.com
- Joint Techs, Sunday, January 22 (9 AM) through Wednesday, January 25 (Noon)
- ESCC Meeting, Wednesday January 25 (1 PM) through Thursday, January 26 (5 PM)
- Network Performance Workshop, Wednesday January 25 (1 PM) through Thursday, January 26 (5 PM)
- GLIF Meeting, January 25 (1:30 PM) through Thursday, January 26 (5 PM)
- NetGurus, January 25 (1-5 PM) through Thursday, January 26 (Noon)