Winter 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs
January 30 - February 3, 2011
The Winter 2011 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs will be held in Clemson, South Carolina, from Sunday afternoon, January 30 through noon on Wednesday, February 2. Clemson University will host the meeting and all our events (including the evening meetings) will take place at the Conference Center and Inn at Clemson University.
- SEVERE WEATHER ALERTS AND YOUR TRAVEL: If attendees need any help with travel schedules/lodging, etc due to the ongoing winter storms, please drop by the Registration Desk. The Conference Center and Inn does have some limited availability if you need to extend your stay so please ask at the Hotel Main Front Desk. Attached HERE is a Greenville Spartanburg Airport hotel guide if you prefer to move closer to the airport.
Delta Airlines: There is also an official announcement from Delta that they will permit you to rebook flights for free at this time. Details are listed HERE.
United Airlines: Airport closure information available HERE.
- BUS SCHEDULE: A shuttle is set up between the Holiday Inn and the Conference Center; the schedule is available HERE.
- IMPORTANT SPEAKER INFORMATION: Guidelines for preparing, submitting, and delivering your slides are available HERE.
- TOURS: Tours of the Clemson NOC & Data Center as well as the Clemson University Football Stadium are being offered. At this time, pre-registration for the tours is CLOSED; there are still spaces on each tour so plan to sign up ON SITE. Descriptions for these tour are HERE.
- TUTORIALS: Four (4) are scheduled for Sunday:
- An all-day MPLS Tutorial (taught by Dave Farmer) will run from 9 am to 5 pm,
- A Hands on Tutorial for Colo/Telco Facility Installations (taught by Hans Addelman) will run from 1 to 5 pm,
- A DNSSEC Tutorial (taught by Scott Rose) will run from 1 to 2:30 pm,
- An IPv6 Tutorial (taught by Michael Lambert) will run from 3 to 4:30 pm.
- SPONSORS: Special thanks to Fujitsu Network Communications for sponsoring the Monday Lunch! Thanks also to ADVA Optical, Ciena, Level3 Communications, and Juniper Networks for providing general sponsorship support.
- BMW Driving Event -- Clemson is coordinating an event on SATURDAY, JANUARY 29 that starts at 12 Noon. More information can be found at: http://www.clemson.edu/ccit/get_connected/network_services/conference.html
- LODGING BLOCK IS FULL at the Conference Center (fully booked Tuesday Feb 1 but limited availability on all other nights); please contact the Holiday Inn Express (our overflow hotel) and identify yourself as an ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs attendee; they will honor the Joint Techs room rate of $99/night.
- NOTE: Due to some extensive refurbishment taking place at the Conference Center, there are no restaurants serving dinner onsite. See the Travel page for a list of Recommended Area Restaurants and more information. Apologies for this inconvenience.
|Advanced Infrastructures||Joe St Sauver (UOregon) & Gary Buhrmaster (SLAC)|
|Emerging Technologies||Jason Zurawski (Internet2) & Ted Sopher (LBL)|
|Convergence||Shumon Huque (UPenn) & Paul Martinez
(Idaho National Laboratory)
Lightning Talks: As at most meetings, a 30-minute slot is reserved on Wednesday morning for various Lightning Talks. A Lightning Talk is a sub-5-minute talk on a topic of your choice – anything interesting, timely, or even a bit off the wall. Proposals are solicited during the workshop; successful candidates will be informed on Tuesday before the Reception. Slides are welcome but not required.
Based on participant response from the Summer 2010 ESCC/Internet2 Joint Techs evaluations, only Network Maps will be provided in hard copy for this and future meetings. A Digital Infokit (on USB) is available upon request at the Registration Desk and a list of the documents included is beside the copies of Network Maps. These and other materials of interest can be access online at: http://events.internet2.edu/2011/jt-clemson/infokit.cfm
- Joint Techs, Sunday, January 30 through Wednesday, February 2 (Noon)
- ESCC Meeting, Wednesday February 2 (afternoon) through Thursday, February 3
- IPv6 Workshop, Wednesday February 2 (afternoon) through Friday February 4 (Noon)
- Network Performance Workshop, Wednesday February 2 (afternoon) through Thursday, February 3
|Become a fan!|
Follow us on Twitter