Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel
2450 Galleria Parkway
Atlanta, GA 30339
This Hotel has a smoke-free policy
- Hotel Information
- Air Travel Information
- Transportation and Parking
- Driving Directions
- Area Attractions
- International Visitors - Visa Application Tips and Information
Why reserve a room in the Fall Member Meeting hotel?
Fall 2010 Member Meeting attendees are strongly encouraged to stay at the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel, the conference hotel. When you reserve within the Internet2 block you receive a discounted room rate; lodging conveniently located at the meeting venue; and you help Internet2 meet its commitments to the hotel. Because Internet2 receives a rebate on all rooms booked within the block, you also help keep the meeting registration fees low for the entire community.
Lodging is available for all events taking place within the block dates as specified below.
Block dates: Friday October 29, 2010 through and including Friday November 5, 2010
Block rate: $149.00/night for single or double occupancy. Hotel room rates are subject to applicable taxes in effect at the time of check in (currently 14%).
Reservation method: Reservations for this event are to be made by individual attendees directly either by calling Marriott reservations at 1-800-228-9290, or by calling the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel directly at 770-953-4500. Please make sure to reference the Internet2 Fall Member Meeting block. Reservations can also be made ONLINE (group code 'itnitna' has been auto-inserted to give you the discounted rate). PLEASE NOTE: If you are booking a room outside the posted block dates, please call the hotel directly to make your reservation, to ensure the discounted rate.
Block cut off date: Friday October 1, 2010
Check in: 3:00pm
Check out: 12:00pm
Guarantee and cancellation policy
All reservations must be guaranteed by a major credit card or first night room and tax deposit by Friday, October 1, 2010. Individual guest cancellations will be accepted up to twenty-four (24) hours prior to arrival. The deposit is refundable to a guest if 24 hours notice of cancellation is given and a cancellation number obtained. Credit cards will only be charged in the event the reservation is not canceled at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled arrival.
Hotel and Guest Room Information (may vary by room type)
Award-winning hotel located within the Galleria complex in northwest Atlanta. Directly connected (approximately a 15 min walk) to the Cobb Galleria Centre, convention center with upscale shopping and dining. Only 10 minutes to downtown Atlanta and Buckhead and 25 minutes from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.
Refined Atlanta, Georgia lodging features 521 spacious and modern hotel rooms and suites. Take advantage of enhanced amenities and expert services. General room amenties include air conditioning | alarm clock | bottled water (for a fee) | complimentary coffee/tea in room | individual climate control, in room entertainment system | iron and ironing board | luxurious bedding | hair dryer | bathrobe. Guest services include concierge desk, full-service business center, local restaurant dinner delivery, room service (6:00AM - 12:00AM), safe deposit boxes at front desk. Wired and wireless internet access in public areas and in-room internet access charged at $14.95 per 24 hrs.
Leisure facilities include indoor pool | outdoor pool and whirlpool | fully equipped state-of-the-art fitness center | Spa Waverly | golf, tennis, and jogging trail nearby.
Please note: Neither the Renaissance Atlanta Waverly Hotel nor Internet2 will be responsible for any property lost or stolen on the hotel's premises.
- The Atrium Cafe: Featuring Southern fare for breakfast and lunch.
- The Atrium Bar: Eclectic. Circular sunken bar on lobby level for leisurely pre-dinner cocktail or evening nightcap in a laid back atmosphere. Dress code: casual. Phone 1-770-953-4500
- Tosca Blu Bar: Sophisticated upscale lounge where specialty cocktails and fine wines are served in trendy lounge-like setting. Lunch and snacks are available. Dress code: casual
- Medici: Tuscan inspired grilled favorites including handmade pastas, fresh seafood, and prime meats. Open for lunch and dinner. Dress code: casual. Phone: 1-770-953-4500
- Waverly Restaurant: Phone 1-770-953-4500
- Starbucks: Open for breakfast and lunch.
- In-Room Dining Services: Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Phone 1-770-953-4500
- The River Room (1 mile): New American cuisine in a European Atmosphere
- Stoney River Legendary Steaks (1 mile): American
- Ray's on the River (2 miles): Continental
- Taverna Florentina (0.9 miles): Italian
- Tomo Japanese Restaurant (0.9 miles): Japanese
- SOHO Restaurant (2.7 miles): International
- Garrison's Broiler & Tap (2.7 miles): American
Airline reservations can be booked through Conlin Travel at 734-477-6046 or 800-936-1587. Please indicate that your travel is for the Fall 2010 Internet2 Member Meeting in Atlanta, GA.
Travel dates eligible for discounts are October 29, 2010 through November 7, 2010.
Type of Airfare Discount Notes Restricted coach fares in non-hub markets 5% Hub market explanation below Restricted coach fares in hub markets 2% Hub market explanation below Full non-restricted fares in non-hub markets 7% Hub market explanation below Full non-restricted fares in hub markets 5% Hub market explanation below
Hub Markets include travel to/from ATL/CVG/DTW/MEM/MSP/SLC. Discounts apply to roundtrip travel only.
Discounts are applicable to base fares greater than $120USD/CAD each way. Round trip travel is required.
Discounts applicable to U.S./ Canada originating passengers.
Contract not valid with other discounts, certificates, coupons or promotional offers. Not all fares are eligible for use with this contract (see above for minimum requirement for one way published base fare). Fare rules will determine eligibility.
- Complimentary onsite parking
- Valet parking available ($15.00 USD daily)
- A&M Limo and Galleria Direct Airport Shuttle Service
The only exclusive non-stop service between the Renaissance Waverly Hotel and Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Service available FROM airport every hour 7:00AM-11:00PM; service available TO airport every hour from 6:00AM - 6:00PM.
Cost is $30.00 per person one way/$50.00 per person round trip (payment by charge card). Multiple person discounts are available for 5 or more persons on same shuttle (to ensure multiple person discount is given, one individual per group needs to make the reservation by providing names of passengers and payment: $27.00 per person one way/$46.00 per person roundtrip. Please note that if you do not prepay for this service, CASH payment will be expected on day of pickup and will cost you more!
Reservations: By phone 770-955-4565 - Mon-Fri 8:00AM - 8:00PM EDT| email: sales@AandMLimo.com | Online | Fax: 770-916-0816. Advance Reservations are preferred but on demands' ($35.00) are accepted based on availability.
Directions: Proceed to main terminal baggage claim. From baggage claim, follow signs to Ground Transportation. At Ground Transportation, find Galleria Direct parked in spaces GREEN 8.
Cancellation Policy: Refund requests require a 48-hour advance cancellation notification. Cancellations must be made during weekday business hours (8:00AM-8:00PM EDT) with a member of management. After hours voicemail is not acceptable.
- Estimated taxi fare $65.00 USD (one way)
- Bus Station: CCT (5 miles NW)
- Train Station: AMTRAK - Brookwood Station (12 miles NE)
- Car Rental nearby: Hertz (1-770-690-0139)
Driving Directions from Airport (20 miles NW)
Atlanta-Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport - ATL (1-800-897-1910)
Take Camp Creek Parkway to I-285N to Exit #19 (Cobb Parkway US41).
Turn right on Cobb Parkway then left at the 2nd light. This is Galleria Parkway and will lead directly to the hotel entrance.
- Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center
- The World of Coca Cola
- Georgia Aquarium
- Cumberland Mall
- Zoo Atlanta
- Six Flags Over Georgia
- The King Center
- Carter Center
- American Adventures/White Water Park
- Chastain Park Amphitheatre - Outdoors
- APEX Museum
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Center
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Stone Mountain Park
- Historic Fox Theater
Atlanta Drug Stores