1700 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22202
- Hotel Information
- New! Alternate Hotels
- Air Travel and Car Rental Information
- Transportation and Parking
- Driving Directions
- Area Attractions
- International Visitors - Visa Application Tips and Information
Why reserve a room in the Spring Member Meeting hotel?
Spring 2009 Member Meeting attendees are strongly encouraged to stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott, the conference hotel. When you reserve within the Internet2 block you receive a discounted room rate; lodging conveniently located at the meeting venue; and you help Internet2 meet its commitments to the hotel. Because Internet2 receives a rebate on all rooms booked within the block, you also help keep the meeting registration fees low for the entire community.
Lodging is available for all events taking place within the block dates as specified below.
Block Name: Internet2
Block dates: Friday April 24, 2009 through and including Friday May 1, 2009
Block rate: $224/night for single or double occupancy. $244/night for triple or quad occupancy.
Hotel room rates are subject to applicable taxes in effect at the time of check in (currently 10.25%).
Reservation method: Reservations for this event are to be made by individual attendees directly with the Crystal Gateway Marriott either by calling Marriott reservations at 800-228-9290, or by calling the Crystal Gateway directly at 703-920-3230. Please make sure to reference the Internet2 block. Reservations can also be made online. PLEASE NOTE: If you are booking a room outside the block dates, please call the hotel directly to ensure the discounted rate.
Block cut off date: The room block is now closed. The hotel may still have rooms available, though you may not receive the meeting rate. There are also several alternate hotels nearby.
Check in: 4:00pm
Check out: 1:00pm
Guarantee and cancellation policy
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card. The hotel will not hold any reservation unless secured by one of the above methods. Individuals may cancel reservations until 6:00pm on the day of arrival without penalty.
All rooms are tastefully appointed with a variety of amenities including work desk with lamp, 2-line phone with voicemail, data ports on phone, high-speed internet access by STSN, TV with remote control, in-room movies, newspaper delivery, complimentary in-room coffee, iron and ironing board and hair dryer. Other services designed for guest convenience include express check in and express check out, on-site restaurants, room service, laundry valet, self service laundry facilities, concierge services, full business center and a complimentary shuttle to and from Reagan National Airport.
Please note: Neither the Crystal Gateway Marriott nor Internet2 will be responsible for any property lost or stolen on the hotel's premises.
bin1700 - wine bar featuring more than 30 wines by the glass (dinner)
Restaurant Mez - casual mediterarranean dining (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
The Atrium - cocktails, dinner and dessert (evenings)
Crystal City Marriott
1999 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: (703) 413-5500
Fax: (703) 413-0192
Sheraton Crystal City Hotel
1800 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: (703) 486-1111
Fax: (703) 769-3970 Key
Key Bridge Marriott
1401 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22209
Phone: (703) 524-6400
Fax: (703) 524-8964
Airline reservations can be booked through Conlin Travel at 734-477-6046 or 800-936-1587. Please indicate that your travel is for the Spring 2009 Internet2 Member Meeting in Arlington, VA. The discounts will apply to travel into and out of Washinton Reagan (DCA), Washington Dulles (IAD), and Baltimore (BWI) and apply to Northwest and Northwest Airlink Partners.
Travel dates eligible for discounts are April 23, 2009 through May 3, 2009. The discounts will only apply to airfares that are $200.00 or greater per airline policy.
Type of Airfare Discount Notes Discounted, non-ref 5% Discount applies to flights originating from Detroit, Minneapolis and Memphis Discounted, non-ref 7% Discount applies to flights originating from any other city.
Avis Car Rental
Car rental reservations can be made through Conlin Travel at 734-477-6046 or 800-936-1587. For those who call Avis directly (1-800-331-1600) please be sure to use the Avis worldwide discount number J996958, or on-line at the following link https://www.avis.com/car-rental/reservation/initialize-reservation.ac?&AWD_NUMBER=J996958.
Rates are available from April 19, 2009 through May 7, 2009, guaranteed and include unlimited free mileage. Return to the same renting location or additional surcharges may apply. Weekend daily rates are available from noon Thursday through 11:59 PM ET Monday (vehicle must be checked out by 3:00 PM Sunday).
Rates do not include any state or local surcharges, tax, optional coverages or gas refueling charges. Renter must meet Avis' age, driver, and credit requirements.
The hotel provides complimentary shuttle service to and from Reagan National Airport. Information on using the Metro (public transportation available in the Washington, DC area) can be found here . Parking prices are subject to change without notice. Self parking is available for USD$6.00/hourly, USD$18.00 daily for hotel guests and valet parking is available for USD$24.00 daily for hotel guests.
Approximate cost to Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel from:
Reagan National Airport: USD$7.00 (one way)
Washington Dulles International Airport: USD$60.00 (one way)
Baltimore-Washington International Airport: USD$70.00 (one way)
Driving Directions from Ronald Reagan National Airport (approximately 1 mile)
Take U.S. Route 1, follow Crystal City signs exiting airport. Turn left on 20th Street and proceed to South Eads Street. Turn right. The hotel entrance is on South Eads street, is 1 1/2 blocks on the right.
Driving Directions from Washington, DC/Dulles Airport (approximately 28 miles)
Exit the airport taking the Dulles toll road to I-66 east. Exit 110 south. Follow signs to US 1 south. Exit on 15th St. Right at end of off ramp. Turn left at first traffic light on S. Eads St. Hotel is 1/2 block on the left.
Driving Directions from Baltimore-Washington International Airport (approximately 55 miles)
When exiting airport proceed on I-195 west. Exit I-95 south towards Washington, DC. When nearing Washington DC beltway continue following signs for I-95 south towards Richmond. After you cross the Potomac River on the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, take the 2nd exit which is Route 1 north. Follow Rte. 1 north to Crystal City. Turn left on 20th St. At the next traffic light turn right on S. Eads St. Hotel is 1 1/2 blocks up on the right.
Arlington National Cemetery
International Spy Museum
The Library of Congress
National Air and Space Museum
National Gallery of Art
National Museum of the American Indian
National World War II Memorial
National Zoological Park
The Smithsonian Institute
- Calvary United Methodist Church 2315 S. Grant Street Arlington, VA 703-892-5185 .4 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Mt. Vernon Baptist Church 935 23rd Street S Arlington, VA 703-979-1558 .6 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Advent Lutheran Church 2222 S. Arlington Ridge Road Arlington, VA 703-521-7010 .9 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Grace Episcopal Church 3601 Russell Road Alexandria, VA 703-549-1980 1.6 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church 830 23rd Street S Arlington, VA 703-684-9261 .5 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Arlington-Fairfax Jewish 2920 Arlington Boulevard Arlington, VA 703-979-4466 2.3 miles from Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Kesher Israel Congregation 2801 N St. NW Washington, DC 202-333-2337
- Muhammad's Mosque 1111 Bladensburg Road Washington, DC 202-388-0095 4.9 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Mosque Emmanuel 12804 5th Street Bowie, MD 301-262-1146 17.9 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
Nearby Buddhist Temples:
- Buddhist Congregational Church 5401 16th Street NW Washington, DC 202-829-2423 6.8 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Ekoji Buddhist Temple 10301 Burke Lake Road Fairfax Station, VA 703-239-1200 14.6 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- First Union National Bank 1755 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 703-413-0944 250 feet from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Bank of America 1425 S. Eads Street Arlington, VA 703-979-6500 .32 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Rite Aid Pharmacy 2120 Crystal Plaza Arc Arlington, VA 703-415-4770 .29 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- CVS Pharmacy 2400 Jefferson Davis Highway Arlington, VA 703-418-0812 .56 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- Hadley Memorial Hospital 4601 ML King Ave SW Washington, DC 202-574-5700 3 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
- St. Jude Children's Hospital 4141 N. Henderson Road Arlington, VA 703-558-0525 3.3 miles from the Crystal Gateway Marriott Hotel
For more information on the Washington, DC area, click here.
For information regarding visa requirements, click here. A visa tip sheet is available here. If you require a letter of invitation for your visa application, please email your request to Jocelyn Gerich at firstname.lastname@example.org.